· The Graduate Record Examination (General Test) is not required for admission to the program.
· Students interested in this program must submit a completed Application for Admission to Graduate Study and should refer to their MyUNIverse Student Center To-Do list or contact the Department of Languages & Literatures for other application requirements. Graduate information and application for graduate admission can be found at www.grad.uni.edu/admission.
· In addition, the Department of Languages & Literatures requires a statement of purpose, an official transcript showing a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, transcripts from any other college or university attended before or after earning a Bachelor's degree, two letters of recommendation, and a writing sample.
o For applicants to the Literature and English Studies emphases, the writing sample should be an analytic or research paper of at least seven pages or, if the applicant does not have one available, a piece of writing demonstrating comparable skills.
o For applicants to the creative writing emphasis the writing sample should consist of approximately 20 poems and/or 30 pages of fiction or creative nonfiction.
o Click here for application requirements for the M.A.-TESS.
· The statement of purpose and writing sample can be uploaded within your online application. Click here for more information.
o Instructions for listing your recommenders, who will be directly contacted by UNI, are provided during the online application process.
· Official paper transcripts must be mailed directly to UNI from the academic institution to: Office of Admissions, 002 Gilchrist Hall, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0018.
Questions regarding admission, funding, and program requirements may be directed to Dr. Anne Myles, Graduate Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Click here to return to the M.A.-English and M.A.-TESS table of contents.